Real estate is one of the firm’s strongest practices. The firm’s team possesses extensive experience in real estate and advises domestic and international clients involved in all aspects of real estate transactions and investments. The firm’s lawyers also have substantial litigation experience and represent clients before the Courts in relation to complex multijurisdictional real estate transactions and disputes.
Our work includes advising in a wide range of sectors such as real estate investments, property operation and management, leasing, real estate financing as well as tax implications arising from real estate projects. Our team possesses expertise in advising clients on investment opportunities, from acquisitions to sales, leasebacks and development. Our lawyers also advise clients on all aspects of the mortgage procedure.
Furthermore, the firm provides services associated with land use, construction, zoning, urban planning, permitting and environmental compliance. Having broad experience in transactions, our lawyers advise the firm’s clients with respect to acquisitions and dispositions including checking property titles. Our lawyers have significant experience in checking property titles under the complex system based on entries by person but also under the new land registration system (ktimatologio) based on entries by property. The firm has developed extensive expertise in the preparation and negotiation of construction contracts, development management agreements as well as hotel management agreements.
The firm’s real estate practice, in cooperation with the other practices of the firm specializing in finance, corporate, tax and litigation, handles deals from all sides and delivers global services to its clients with regard to the entire spectrum of their real estate-related legal needs. We always keep abreast of the latest legislative and business developments and provide up to date and practical advice to our clients. In particular, the firm’s cross-practice, cross-border approach that combines both the transactional and financial aspects of real estate enables us to handle significant national and international transactions and to deliver value to our clients through efficient and business-oriented representation.
Our clients include institutional and private investors, commercial developers, hotel and leisure companies, rail and other transportation companies, marina and logistics center developers, property owners and managers.
Recent real estate cases include:
- Advising a client regarding a PPP tender for the development of a marina
- Advising for the commercial exploitation of a vast real estate property in the Cyclades and in particular, a luxury holiday resort
- Advising a client on a hotel management agreement for the operation of a hotel
- Advising a foreign client regarding the acquisition of five-star hotel in Greece
- Advising a foreign client on the acquisition of a four-star hotel in Greece
- Advising several clients on sale and lease back agreements with regard to privately-owned and commercial real estate assets
- Advising a client on the construction of a hotel and on the operation and management agreement
- Advising a foreign client regarding the development of a logistics center
- Advising a multi-national company on the development of storage facilities in Greece
- Advising and representing a client before the administrative courts in a forestry-related dispute regarding land-use and forest land qualification
- Advising and representing a landlord in a property dispute before the courts in relation to a commercial asset situated in the historical centre of Athens