Corporate Law and M&A
Corporate Law and M&A are at the core of the firm’s practice. Our firm provides a wide range of corporate and business services to private domestic and international companies. We represent clients at all stages of the corporate life-cycle; from the establishment of the company through to its development, operation and restructuring and we provide insightful advice to our clients at all stages of the M&A process from the beginning till the end as well as in the aftermath of an M&A.
The firm’s corporate law and M&A team works closely with the firm’s other teams practicing tax, finance, litigation and provides our corporate clients with a full range of legal services on corporate matters and the M&A process.
Furthermore, our firm’s lawyers deliver services related to structuring and planning of joint ventures and to setting up branch offices in Greece for overseas companies, including any tax related matters. The firm also advises its clients on share capital and shareholder rights including redenomination of share capital, class rights, conversion rights and transfer of shares or other securities as well as on the protection of the minority rights of shareholders. Within the context of the restructuring process as provided for by Greek law, our lawyers also counsel companies facing financial difficulties. Our firm has also been involved in many cases related to white collar crimes, corporate wrong doings, cases arising from accounting irregularities as well as in several investigations in relation to anti-corruption matters and compliance issues.
We provide advice on all aspects of corporate governance, legal compliance and strategic planning and represent clients in structuring their initial capitalization and in corporate financing transactions. Our work indicatively includes:
- Advising an international company on whistle-blowing policies in the first ever whistle-blowing case in Greece
- Advising two funds concerning the private placement of securities in Greece
- Advising clients on issues relating to director and auditor independence, board committee composition and responsibilities
- Advising clients on issues relating to disclosure control, governance guidelines and codes of ethics
- Acquisition of the blocking minority stake of one of the biggest semi-state-owned companies (i.e. the Greek State) in the infrastructure sector (representation of the buyer)
- Acquisition of a portfolio of wind parks by a world leading company (representation of the buyer)
- Acquisition of a large wind park (representation of the seller, namely a Greek subsidiary of an international company)
- Acquisition of a portfolio of solar parks (representation of the buyer, namely a foreign company)
- Acquisition of one of the largest photovoltaic parks in Greece
- Acquisition of a portfolio of solar parks (representation of the buyer)
- Acquisition of foreign companies by Greek companies in Bulgaria, Finland and Germany in the industry and heavy industry sector (representation of the buyers)
- Several acquisitions of Greek companies by Greek companies in the energy, industry and heavy industry sectors
- Acquisition of an oil terminal in an Eastern European country (representation of the sellers)
- Acquisition of a major Greek company by the Greek subsidiary of a world leading company (representation of the buyer)
- Merger of two Greek companies in the industry sector
- Merger of the Greek subsidiaries of a world leading company
- Acquisition of an important minority stake in a refinery in the Balkans (representation of the buyer)
- Acquisition of a minority stake in an oil pipeline operation company (representation of the seller, namely an international company
- Acquisition of a five-star hotel in Greece by a foreign company (representation of the buyer)
- Acquisition of a four-star hotel in Greece by a foreign company (representation of the buyer)
- Acquisition of a telecommunications company
- Acquisition of a Greek technical equipment company
Our firm also provides post-acquisition advice and has represented clients on numerous occasions on post-acquisition matters arising from the conclusion of acquisition agreements.