Banking and Finance
We regularly provide legal advice to corporate borrowers and financial institutions. Our experience covers the finance aspects of the transactions that we globally handle for the benefit of our clients, such as corporate, real estate or energy related transactions as well as pure finance transactions.
In particular, we have strong experience in financing cross-border acquisitions, project finance, factoring and derivatives. Further,we have advised and successfully represented an insurance company in relation to third party claims brought against financial institutions and their senior executive officers.
Moreover, we have notably advised clients with respect to:
- Several syndicated loans
- Numerous project finance cases (not only in Greece but also in France, the Balkans, the Middle East, and French-speaking West Africa)
- Structured finance
- Securitization issues especially on the implementation of Law 3156/2003
- Numerous acquisition financing cases not only in Greece but also in Bulgaria, Finland and France, as advisors to both lenders and borrowers
- Companies/corporate refinancing
- Commercial financing, we notably counseled a major multinational bank in relation to the purchase of a revolving credit facility and a large Nordic bank with respect to the purchase of trade receivables
- Complex factoring issues and in particular, advising one of the subsidiaries of a big Greek bank
- Complex issues arising out of an inter-factor agreement and acted as counsel of the subsidiary of a big Greek bank in an ICC arbitration
- Banking and financing disputes, mostly disputes arising out of bank loans and letters of guarantee and representing clients in numerous court proceedings.