Litigation is one of the firm’s strongest practices. Our lawyers represent leading Greek and foreign companies as well as individuals before the domestic civil, criminal and administrative courts (interim measures, ordinary proceedings, proceedings for the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments). We have in-depth experience in parallel proceedings initiated before the civil and criminal courts and are thus able to provide our clients with a coordinated and all-round approach. We also represent clients in collaboration with international law firms before the foreign courts.
We have a strong track record in multi-jurisdictional disputes and in highly complex litigation cases involving among others, construction, insurance, corporate securities, white collar crimes, litigation arising from accounting irregularities, corporate wrong doings, restructuring and energy-related matters. We have successfully represented both Greek and foreign companies in relation to proceedings before the Greek Courts (on a wide range of complex business law issues).
Recent litigation cases include:
- Representing and filing an application for interim measures with the Hellenic Council of the State (the Supreme Administrative Court) on our client’s behalf regarding a tender for the supply and construction of an energy plant
- Representing and filing an action for positive damages with the Five-Member Court of Appeal in connection with an electrification project undertaken by our client via an international tender Litigation
- Representing a syndicate at Lloyds before the civil courts in a case involving the death of a third party and relating to the construction of a major motorway
- Representing a syndicate at Lloyds in parallel proceedings held before the civil and criminal courts in relation to a construction project in an archaeological site
- Filing a lawsuit on our client’s behalf regarding damages suffered in connection with a project for the construction of a system for processing liquid industrial waste
- Filing an application for interim measures with the Single- Member Court of First Instance and a lawsuit with the Multi-Member Court of First Instance on our client’s behalf. The dispute related to the unauthorized use of our client’s name and trademark and from unfair competition practices
- Representing a construction company in a dispute regarding employment law issues, including compensation and benefits arising from the termination of a contract
- Representing a company before the Greek courts in relation to an antitrust case
- Representing a company before the Greek courts on a complex intellectual property matter
- Representing a company before the Greek courts on a long-term dispute arising from the purchase of shares
Publication: Our firm has contributed the “Greece” chapter in the Getting the Deal Through – Enforcement of Foreign Judgments publication for three consecutive years 2013, 2014 and 2015.